I've never seen an angel
- Nice collection of alternate histories, via muxway (of which I can no longer find an RSS feed--anyone able to help?)
- An O'Reilly article: Installing Tomcat on OS X. While we're at it, here's how to integrate Tomcat with Apache via mod_jk.
- I recently reformatted and reinstalled OS X, and have a shiny new CD full to bursting of updaters and utilities. Next time, I'm going to put docs on it like restoring PHP in OS X 10.2.4, or do sensible things like remember to back up config files.
- An absolute shedload of OS X related stuff at http://www.bombich.com, from backing up OS X volumes to creating boot CDs to a nice wrapper for VNC. Yummy.
- iScrobbler 0.5.2 is out.
- Max wrote to me to tell me that URLs like http://nokia.com/phones/3650/ work, which is marginally better, but still doesn't make me happy.
- Jack Schofield has (predictably) something to say about that Adobe page.
- Ruggedized Pocket PC has a laser rangefinder, via Gizmodo. Also from Gizmodo, more details about the successor to the Zire, and a new Electrolux Trilobite robotic vacuum cleaner.
- Tri-band eat your heart out: Infosync reports that Samsung is going to make a combined tri-band GSM/CDMA mobile phone with more acronyms than you can shake a stick at.
- Keep two Mozilla profiles synced while they work out that roaming profile bug.
- Jeff Jarvis on Newsmax anti-war spam being "so... so... pre-war"
- Free trade! Free trade! Free trade! (prizes if you could guess what that link was going to point to before you clicked on it)
- Yes, it used to look shit in Safari. Bloody stupid anti-aliased Gill Sans. Good job Hyatt's gone and done this little thing.
- More people need to read Greg Egan.
- More stuff on PersonalWebProxy.
- Also The Singularity vs. Human Nature, from the same place.
- ... and Cal is in the Guardian today.
1 comments and trackbacks