This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for October 18th from 21:16 to 22:55:
- [toread] Medial reward and lateral non-reward orbitofrontal cortex circuits change in opposite directions in depression – Wei Cheng1,2,*,
- [toread] Facebook’s project to take on Cisco inspires such ‘cultlike’ devotion, it once caused a whole team to quit Apple – Stephen Lam/Reuters On Tuesday, Facebook made an announcement that should set Cisco's teeth on edge. Its second-generation computer network switch, called the Wedge 100, is now available for purchase
- [toread] Mark Zuckerburg comments on Peter Thiel controversy regarding Trump donation | Hacker News – The last paragraph introduces a question interesting to me.Is opening up communication channels responsible for social conflict?Is Mark right or wrong in his last paragraph.I've always assumed he was
- [toread] The surprisingly complex reason you never see emoji URLs – Coca-Cola’s Puerto Rican operation just launched a new ad campaign that involves some pretty awesome URLs. Coca Cola se apropia de la felicidad de los emojis en mobile. Creado por DDB, Puerto Rico.
- [toread] The Surprising Genius Of The “I Voted” Sticker – The "I Voted!" sticker might not seem like much. It's silly, a holdover from a simpler time (the '80s, to be exact). Some even say the stickers are a financial suck on the government. Many cities