- New 12in PowerBook owner likes new 12in PowerBook. Film at eleven.
- The story of SmartyPants for Movable Type, at Daring Fireball.
- A particularly Onionesque story at Crazy Apple Rumors.
- A Florida Congresswoman wants the US government to pay for families who want to repatriate the remains of soldiers fought and died in world wars (Metafilter discussion). I fully expect enterprising individuals in the US government to either send back, or blow up, the Statue of Liberty^H^H^H^H^H^H^HFreedom any day now.
- Oh, and while we're at it? I was watching Ari Fleischer do a press briefing yesterday. Someone asked him why the President was bothering with this charade of diplomacy when he'd quite clearly made up his mind. Fleischer paused a moment, then responded starting with "If I'm not mistaken, the word charade has French roots..." Oh for fuck's sake, grow up, all of you. (Ta muchly to Eccles on the Culture list, who has supplied the transcript for yesterday's briefing. Search for charade. Clap palms to cheeks, open mouth in Culkin-style horror)
- Gizmodo is wondering whether T-Mobile has dropped the Sidekick.
- InfoSync has a review of the Sony Clie PEG-TG50.
- Cheney is still getting paid by Halliburton.
- Steven Frank wants ideas for amusing iPod engravings.
- Make Google News work for you. Thank God for the Gnews2RSS.
- There's a roadmap for NetNewsWire.
- Steven Johnson has a new column up on social network mapping software.
36 comments and trackbacks
Regarding Ari Fleischer, I thought you were joking until I looked at http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/03/20030313-13.html good old freedom of information or is that Information de Francais?
Posted by: Eccles on March 14, 2003 12:44 PM
Thanks! I've updated that part of the post with the link.
Posted by: Dan Hon on March 14, 2003 12:57 PM