Friday, May 25
Thank God for special offers
- Palm IIIxe - £163.32 inc. VAT, Dabs.com
- Palm Mobile Internet Kit - £22.32 inc. VAT, Dabs.com
- Global Pulse for Palm - £76.37 inc. VAT, Dabs.com
- Total - £262.01 inc. VAT
And then I read the Independent this lunchtime and bought:
- Palm IIIxe, Palm Mobile Internet Kit, Global Pulse for Palm - £99.00 inc. VAT
- posted at 3:22:23 PM :: feedback
Thursday, May 24
Thought for the day
"If God Had Intended Us To Revise, He Would Have Made It Interesting"
- posted at 3:02:56 PM :: feedback
Wednesday, May 23
What I am, again
I take the Keirsey test every so often. I think I first took it about four years ago. My result hasn't changed, ever.
"Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.
"Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand iNFps, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The iNFp is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity.
"Healers seek unity in their lives, unity of body and mind, emotions and intellect, perhaps because they are likely to have a sense of inner division threaded through their lives, which comes from their often unhappy childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood, which, unfortunately, is discouraged or even punished by many parents. In a practical-minded family, required by their parents to be sociable and industrious in concrete ways, and also given down-to-earth siblings who conform to these parental expectations, iNFps come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. Other types usually shrug off parental expectations that do not fit them, but not the iNFps. Wishing to please their parents and siblings, but not knowing quite how to do it, they try to hide their differences, believing they are bad to be so fanciful, so unlike their more solid brothers and sisters. They wonder, some of them for the rest of their lives, whether they are OK. They are quite OK, just different from the rest of their family-swans reared in a family of ducks. Even so, to realize and really believe this is not easy for them. Deeply committed to the positive and the good, yet taught to believe there is evil in them, iNFps can come to develop a certain fascination with the problem of good and evil, sacred and profane. Tutors are drawn toward purity, but can become engrossed with the profane, continuously on the lookout for the wickedness that lurks within them. Then, when iNFps believe thay have yielded to an impure temptation, they may be given to acts of self-sacrifice in atonement. Others seldom detect this inner turmoil, however, for the struggle between good and evil is within the iNFp, who does not feel compelled to make the issue public"
- Portrait of the Healer (iNFp), Copyrighted © 1996 Prometheus Nemesis Book Company.
I should point out that my brother is rather different.
- posted at 9:10:38 PM :: feedback
Tuesday, May 22
I broke my Palm IIIe today. It fell on the floor. Its screen cracked. It won't even turn on anymore.
- posted at 12:29:58 AM :: feedback
Sunday, May 20
I like lists. They're fun. Anyway: Things I have done recently:
- Stared blankly at books and scribbled/typed things.
- Been a meeja hoor. It was fun while it lasted.
- Sat in the sun with friends.
- Played frisbee in the park.
- Drank a lot of coffee.
- Got in arguments.
- Stayed up late.
- Been confused/disillusioned. Still not sure which.
- Tried to write things down. Emailed them instead.
- Spent 3 hours in STA Travel.
- Bought air tickets for summer holiday.
- Put lots of money in my bank account.
- posted at 8:45:45 PM :: feedback
Tuesday, May 15
Ten (plus one) Things I Hate About...
- I hate the way you never listen
- I hate the way you can't concentrate
- I hate the way you get confused about what matters
- I hate the way you hide
- I hate the way you lie
- I hate the way you're fake
- I hate the way you preach
- I hate the way you're right
- I hate the way you obsess
- I hate the way you're petty
- I hate you.
- posted at 12:33:08 PM :: feedback
Saturday, May 12
Childhood--and adulthood--hero dies.
- posted at 1:03:38 PM :: feedback
Sunday, May 6
this is the way i feel
I hate the world today
Youíre so good to me I know but I canít change
Tried to tell you, but you look at me like maybe Iím an angel underneath:
Innocent and sweet
Yesterday I cried
You must have been relieved to see the softer side
I can understand how youíd be so confused
I donít envy you
Iím a little bit of everything all rolled into one
- posted at 10:43:40 PM :: feedback
- 09/01/2000 - 09/30/2000
- 10/01/2000 - 10/31/2000
- 11/01/2000 - 11/30/2000
- 12/01/2000 - 12/31/2000
- 03/01/2001 - 03/31/2001
- 04/01/2001 - 04/30/2001
- 05/01/2001 - 05/31/2001
- 06/01/2001 - 06/30/2001
- 07/01/2001 - 07/31/2001
- 08/01/2001 - 08/31/2001
- 09/01/2001 - 09/30/2001
- 10/01/2001 - 10/31/2001
- 11/01/2001 - 11/30/2001
- 12/01/2001 - 12/31/2001
- 01/01/2002 - 01/31/2002
- 02/01/2002 - 02/28/2002
- 03/01/2002 - 03/31/2002
- 04/01/2002 - 04/30/2002
- 05/01/2002 - 05/31/2002
- 06/01/2002 - 06/30/2002
Converted DailyDoozer (pre-EC) Archives:
- 02/01/2000 - 02/29/2000
- 03/01/2000 - 03/31/2000
- 04/01/2000 - 04/30/2000
- 05/01/2000 - 05/31/2000
- 06/01/2000 - 06/30/2000
- 07/01/2000 - 07/31/2000
Non-Blogger DailyDoozer Archives (pre-2000):
- (in the process of being converted)