Bookmarks for October 11th from 10:14 to 11:35
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for October 11th from 10:14 to 11:35:
- [toread] Time’s Arrow Explained by Minute Physics – According to most physics equations, time can move either forward or backward. So why forward? Henry Reich Why does time flow from the past to the future?
- [toread] How I limited screen time by offering my kids unlimited screen time. – As a freelancer who makes her own hours,
- [toread] What’s the most mind expanding concept/thing a scifi book has introduced to you? • /r/printSF – You don't need to put the book title or if you do maybe cover it with an inverse spoiler thing but what's the most deep, conceptually interesting thing you've picked up from a science fiction book?
- [toread] Time preference – In economics, time preference (or time discounting, delay discounting, temporal discounting) is the relative valuation placed on a good at an earlier date compared with its valuation at a
- [toread] Scott Alexander doesn’t like growth mindset… yet. – I recently read Scott Alexander
- [toread] NASA Selects Six Companies to Develop Habitat Prototypes, Concepts –
- [toread] Making Human Settlement of Space a Reality – By John Holdren and Charles Bolden Today, President Obama outlined a vision to CNN for the future of space exploration.