Bookmarks for March 9th through March 10th
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for March 9th from 21:34 to 11:41:
- SXSW14: 3D printed Oreos and WeChat vending machines signal Mondelez’s digital future | Marketing Magazine – Mondelez, Carat, WeChat create world's first digitally-controlled vending machine, WeChat handles payments
- Why You Should Embrace Surveillance, Not Fight It | Wired Opinion | Wired.com – "We are now remaking the self with technology.We’ve broadened our circle of empathy…" (Kevin Kelly) @wiredopinion
- Twitter co-founder on ‘Hatching Twitter’ – YouTube – Watch Evan Williams @ev, now CEO of @Medium, describe his reaction to reading @nickbilton's book, Hatching Twitter:
- Me, My Quantified Self, and I – The Bygone Bureau – I wrote about the "quantified self" and how it's basically delusional.
- BBC News – Energy bills to come with compulsory QR barcodes – "Energy bills to come with compulsory QR barcodes" GAME-CHANGER
- Google’s Schmidt Says Inequality Will Be Number One Issue For Democracies | TechCrunch – Eric Schmidt: “When you look at the solutions to (inequality) they all involve creating fast-growth startups” (!!!)
- Is the lopsided Universe telling us we need new theories? –
- Microsoft vs. Apple: the strategy gap « Observatory –
- Twitter / EdwardTufte: Magical Funnel vs. Reality … – Magical Funnel vs. Reality Funnel graphics,
for, of all things, web ad metrics.