Bookmarks for December 29th through December 30th
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for December 29th from 17:11 to 04:10:
- The Woes of Facebook – Where Else to Follow Me – The Culinary Life – 8k FB followers, 0.1% reach: a blogger leaving Facebook.
- I worked on the US drone program. The public should know what really goes on | Heather Linebaugh –
- Twitter / HistoryInPics: Prediction of L.A. in 2013 … – #losangeles RT @HistoryInPics: Prediction of L.A. in 2013 from 25 years ago:
- Wolff: The importance of ‘controlling the narrative’ – "The up-to-date marketing view is that brands must become publishers, or storytellers, themselves — the most important thing they're selling is, in fact, narrative. It's another step on a road that we've been on for a long time. Functionality, actual products and division of labor give way to a much more disembodied sense of reality, wherein we create and sell an effective fiction. Storytelling is now the highest form of commerce."
- Designers: Kleiner Perkins Wants You – Digits – WSJ – "Now following the example of design-obsessed Steve Jobs and others, [entrepreneuers] are equally anxious about the color and placement of each pixel on the screen or the slope of a bezel."