Bookmarks for October 21st from 16:04 to 23:06
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for October 21st from 16:04 to 23:06:
- Do Zimboes dream of Electric Sheep? – Charlie’s Diary –
- Race is central to the fear and angst of the US right | Gary Younge –
- Google’s Maps Engine Pro Aims To Help Small Businesses Visualize Location Data As Easily As They Make A Pie Chart | TechCrunch – 1 billion monthly users of Google Maps
- Here’s how one venture firm is shifting from new and shiny things to old and rusty ones | PandoDaily – I feel dirty for the pandodaily link, but what this is kind of saying is that there's one vc firm out there that doesn't subscribe to the belief that just because you're a smart 19 year old learned-to-code college dropout, it doesn't mean that you can wander in and smart yourself into learning the ins and outs of an industry and "disrupting" it. Or, in other words, being fucking humble.
- (120) Tony Stubblebine’s answer to Hatching Twitter (2013 book): What do people close to Jack Dorsey, and/or work who at Twitter and in the industry think about Nick Bilton’s NY Times article “All Fair in Love and Twitter”? – Quora – "But now that I've started two companies, I can see more clearly how valuable it is to be one of the people who grinds it out for years through every crisis and every pivot, rather than a person who simply helped for a few minutes."