Bookmarks for October 7th through October 8th
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for October 7th from 15:48 to 11:51:
- A rare bit of Apple journalism « Observatory –
- If we want a civilised society, charities can’t fill the void left by government –
- Beyond – Two Souls, a Supernatural Thriller for PlayStation 3 – NYTimes.com – "It would be one of the worst movies you’ve ever seen, even though Ms. Page and Mr. Dafoe give fine performances" – David Cage still needs a good writer to collaborate with
- [toread] User interfaces in the movies and beyond – For the most part we deal with the production designers and only get director involvement on 'hero' screens that contain important plot elements. The actual design and implementation… to be honest, there isn't that much focus for the most part. The only two directors I have ever dealt with who really did care was JJ Abrams on MI3 who was very focused on what he wanted design wise, and Alfonso Cuarón on Children of Men who took a lot of care and consideration about what was done so it matched and worked well with the particular look he was after.
- [toread] Super highway: A14 to become Britain’s first internet-connected road –
- Algorithm Writes People’s Life Histories Using Twitter | MIT Technology Review – SHOW ME THE CODE