Bookmarks for August 1st from 13:16 to 16:55
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for August 1st from 13:16 to 16:55:
- Moto X – Motomaker – YouTube – The Nike ID of phones.
- Travelling by Teleporation – Turns out brains are pretty information dense.
- The Machine Zone: This Is Where You Go When You Just Can’t Stop Looking at Pictures on Facebook – Alexis C. Madrigal – The Atlantic – "You can say many things about the entrepreneurs, designers, and coders who create social networking companies, but they believe in what they do. They're more likely to be ideologues than craven financial triangulators. And they spend all day on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, and Pinterest, too. I bet they know the machine zone, too. And that's why I have hope they might actually stop designing traps."
- Why Is Google Using a ‘That’s What She Said’ Joke to Sell the Moto X? – Megan Garber – The Atlantic – Oh, Moto.
- Different Kinds of Darkness by David Langford | Lightspeed Magazine – BLIT and comp.basilisk FAQ are two of my favourite short SF stories ever. Didn't know there was a third in that universe
- Dead Ostrich Quadcopter set to “I Believe I can Fly” will make you cry – This might just be better than the cat quadcopter.