Bookmarks for July 29th from 09:54 to 16:03
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for July 29th from 09:54 to 16:03:
- The Future of Transportation: Own an EV, Get Access to an SUV – Alexis C. Madrigal – The Atlantic – "When you buy the new BMW i3, you can bundle it with access to "a conventional auto like the full-sized X5 SUV for several weeks a year.""
- jwz: Jupiter Structural Layer Cake – Oh god these are the best cakes better (see also: Earth cake)
- Papillon: Expressive Eyes for Interactive Characters (teaser video) – YouTube – "PAPILLON is a technology for 3D printing highly expressive animated eyes for interactive characters, robots and toys. Expressive eyes are essential in any form of face-to-face communication and designing them has been a critical challenge in robotics, as well as in interactive character and toy development. Crucially, the traditional animatroncis approach is not applicable to fictional characters from animated movies, comics and cartoons whose eye expressions are non-realistic, highly exaggerated and can take any size and shape to communicate a character's emotions and intentions, e.g. "dollar signs" for greed or a "heart" for romance."
- DisneyResearchHub – YouTube – Oh, just about everything here.
- Computational Design of Mechanical Characters – YouTube – Jaw dropping.