Bookmarks for July 16th through July 17th
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for July 16th from 11:25 to 13:40:
- Jay-Z’s Magna Carta Twitter Stunt Actually Boosted Sales ? Co.Labs ? code + community – This article shows no proof whatsoever that the Twitter Q&A affected sales; "it's hard to imagine the 325,000 Twitter mentions and the extra 46,000 followers he gained during the impromptu Q&A didn’t somehow play into giving Jay-Z his 13th number one record."
- Facebook’s Surprising Dependency on Premium Content Creators | DigitalNext: A Blog on Emerging Media and Technology – Advertising Age – Not surprising at all. The answer as always is a mixture of relevant, personal social content and premium content. Duh.
- Mission Creep: When Everything Is Terrorism – Atlantic Mobile –
- The Secret Power Of Black Twitter – “At the time, I objected to the success of Black Twitter being presented as some code to crack — and I still do.”
- Yahoo! Q2 2013 Earnings – I like how Yahoo are using their own media channels and platforms to do their earnings. Eatin' their own dog food…
- Twitter / rooreynolds: Pleased to announce that my … – Pleased to announce that my wife and I are having a baby in January. Gulp.