Bookmarks for July 9th from 14:29 to 21:24
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for July 9th from 14:29 to 21:24:
- Gravity is the Insidious Enemy of the Animate | Dataisnature –
- PAR Article: How Major League Gaming has taught me to love advertising again –
- PAR The Cut: How a tiny company broke Nintendo’s copy protection, created Star Fox, and changed Nintendo forever –
- PAR Article: EA hints at SimCity update with offline play, bigger cities, and the rest of the features you want –
- McSweeney’s Internet Tendency: We Can’t Let the Impending Apocalypse Delay the Release of Our Photo-Sharing App. –
- Nintendo CEO: 90% of New Gamers Unable to Finish Level 1-1 in Original Super Mario Bros – HotHardware – "At this point, a whopping 90% of participants couldn’t finish the level. He also noted that most didn’t understand basic game mechanics such as the run button, or that coins are to be collected and aren’t enemies, or the concept of a bottomless pit. About 70% died at the first enemy, and half of those died at that same spot twice."
- An eerie view of the linked city – I'm pretty excited about watch_dogs
- Gamasutra – News – Frustrated with ad networks, mobile devs want to do their own marketing – "In particular, 71 percent of respondents said that they believe ad companies are exaggerating how effective their services are, and suggested that they don't believe they are receiving as many impressions on their games and apps as ad networks say they are."
- Announcing the TransVergence Matrix by Kurt Gardner – What is this I don't even