Bookmarks for July 5th through July 6th
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for July 5th from 20:03 to 20:03:
- Doesn’t Suck: Robot Vacuum Simulator 2013 | Rock, Paper, Shotgun – The Twitter account @selfawareROOMBA was just a viral marketing campaign for the launch of Robot Vacuum Simulator 2013.
- Parachuting for charity: is it worth th – PubMed Mobile – Hilarious cost/benefit analysis of parachute jumps for charity finds that, net, they cost the NHS money.
- Designing App Store “screenshots” by Travis Jeffery of 37signals – App Store "screenshots" as marketing
- Samsung and Jay-Z give the Internet a master’s class in how not to make an app | Ars Technica – Hey guys, Samsung is great at software development.
- The New Aesthetic — “It’s hard not to imagine the @ukhomeoffice… – It's shit like this that, sadly, makes me glad we left the country. Then again, it's not like any other country has a particularly good record in comparison.