Bookmarks for April 7th through April 8th
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for April 7th from 23:00 to 13:44:
- Laser Tag for James Bond, not RoboCop by Stephen Foster — Kickstarter – Nice.
- Optics InfoBase: Optics Express – Kilometer-range, high resolution depth imaging via 1560 nm wavelength single-photon detection – "by using a scanning transceiver which incorporated a free-running, low noise superconducting nanowire single-photon detector, we were able to obtain centimeter resolution depth images of low-signature objects in daylight at stand-off distances of the order of one kilometer at the relatively eye-safe wavelength of 1560 nm". Heh. Relatively eye-safe.
- Camera Uses Laser Beams to Take 3-D Images From 1 Kilometer Away | Wired Science | Wired.com – "a low-power infrared laser beam… …sweeps over an object or scene… the technique can resolve millimeter-size bumps and changes in depth from hundreds of meters away."
- Margaret Thatcher: The lady who changed the world | The Economist –
- Mrs Justice Thirlwall: the one woman Philpott couldn’t defeat – Comment – Voices – The Independent –
- Mick Philpott jailed for life – judge’s sentencing remarks in full | UK news | guardian.co.uk –
- [toread] Bookmarks for April 6th through April 7th : Extenuating Circumstances – Bookmarks for April 6th through April 7th