Bookmarks for January 28th from 10:09 to 19:46
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, my Instapaper bookmarks and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for January 28th from 10:09 to 19:46:
- Iteration fetishism: Making an infinite library | Polygon – "A procedural game that was highly replayable, but didn't focus on combat, hit points, health and damage" – What Zimmerman Did Next
- In Search of the Heart of Bungie | Polygon – I'm genuinely interested as to What Bungie Will Do Next and somewhat (worried? concerned? intrigued?) as to whether they're a one-note (albeit an exceedingly good note) Space Opera FPS factory.
- Bossa Studios | Making games people love playing. – Made Surgeon Simulator 2013 for Global Game Jam
- Surgeon Simulator 2013 brings QWOP-style awkwardness to heart surgery | Polygon – "As Nigel Burke, an "ordinary guy with no outstanding skills" forced to perform a heart transplant, players contend with "revolutionary" one-to-one finger manipulation controls and "realistic surgical tool physics" to complete their task."
- [toread] App.net moves beyond its ad-free Twitter alternative, adding 10 GB of storage to share | The Verge –
- 2013 Interaction Awards Shortlist Announced! | IxDA Interaction Awards – Irritatingly, none of the shortlisted awards are linked to their entries.