Bookmarks for January 7th from 04:48 to 07:58
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for January 7th from 04:48 to 07:58:
- Are People Being Unfair to the House Republicans? – Molly Ball – The Atlantic – "You look at the very beginning of the last Congress, H.R. 1, the omnibus, there were hundreds of amendments from the stupid to the sublime. One was offered to defund the president's teleprompter. Another was to defund the electrical upgrades needed to bring the White House up to code. But Boehner's deal was, OK, go for it, let people participate. There was an expectation that, given the opportunity to improve the bill, they would then vote for the bill. But beginning with that bill there have been 20 to 50 members who will make adjustments to the bill that guarantee you're not going to get one Democrat to vote for it, and then they still vote against the bill themselves and deny Boehner the 218 votes he needs to bargain with." – This shit is stupendously depressing.
- Password security in Deus Ex @ Things Of Interest – "What we discover, then, is that the world of Deus Ex is one of appallingly poor password requirements and equally poor overall security culture."
- NASA trying to rent or sell space shuttle facilities before they fall apart | The Verge – Basically we're living in Stephen Baxter's NASA series universe now and Elon Musk/Jeff Bezos/John Carmack are Reid Malenfant but we haven't found any loops of strange matter yet.
- crayon creatures – figurines from children’s drawings – I can see we're going to use this a lot.
- David Chatting – 263 Stories – Gorgeous sniffing of Nike+ Running sensors
- Twitter / Futurefabric: Blimey. Adobe have released … – Adobe have released CS2 for free. Work abandonware for platform lock-in and profit.
- Creative Forecast: How Marketing Will Change In 2013 | Co.Create: Creativity Culture Commerce – STUFF THAT ADVERTISING PEOPLE RECKON
- [toread] Almost Perfect | Title –
- [toread] asymco » The real threat that Samsung poses to Apple –
- [toread] There’s No Evidence Online Dating Is Threatening Commitment or Marriage – Atlantic Mobile –