Bookmarks for December 20th from 14:21 to 14:28
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for December 20th from 14:21 to 14:28:
- Computer car | Flickr – Photo Sharing! – Advertise the car that's in a video game in a print magazine.
- 1 | Autodesk Wants To Build A Better Software For Printing Human Tissue | Co.Design: business + innovation + design – "the two companies will partner to create the first software designed specifically for modeling human tissue" – that thing about the future happening faster than you thought it would
- jwz: Stem Cell Facelift – Hey, anyone feel like watching eXistenZ again?
- Amazon Studios taps the Onion, Daily Show writers, others for comedy pilots — Online Video News – Welcome to your new world of lock-in, just like your old world of lock-in.
- Apple’s Passbook Is a Surprise Success for Developers | Gadget Lab | Wired.com – I wonder how Passbook does compared to NFC on Android, for example. Or any other phone. Or contactless card payments in general in the US.
- ‘Order at Universal Gunpoint’ – Ta-Nehisi Coates – The Atlantic – I think this is the clearest articulation for me as to why the 'more guns' argument feels intuitively wrong. Arming everyone, suspecting everyone, really does devolve us down into a Hobbesian, post-apocalyptic nightmare.
- After Newtown, I’m Reconsidering Giving My Son ‘Halo 4′ For Christmas – Laura McKenna – The Atlantic – Parenting and videogames.
- The Avengers part 1 : Todd Alcott – Todd Alcott's series deconstructing the Avengers movie is brilliant.