Bookmarks for December 16th through December 17th
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for December 16th from 18:56 to 22:08:
- Hot Garbage! – Text from a ghost…
- [toread] I am Facebook friends with Ryan Lanza – Salon.com –
- [toread] How Not to Talk With Children About the Newtown Shooting – NYTimes.com –
- [toread] The Newtown shooting makes us feel helpless. We don’t need to be | Charlie Brooker | Comment is free | The Guardian –
- The Daily Show's First Post-9/11 Show | Insider Blog | Comedy Central’s Insider | CCInsider.ComedyCentral.com – "Even a decade later, I don't pretend to have a better handle on my feelings about 9/11 than I did at the time. If anything, the stew of emotions has only grown more complicated and confusing over the years. And while the barrage of exploitative and soulless coverage that's foisted upon us by the news media every anniversary does nothing to help, year after year, I always come back to the first Daily Show after the attacks as one of the few sources of solace. With the tenth anniversary this weekend, hopefully you'll get something positive out of revisiting it too."