Bookmarks for June 22nd through June 23rd
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for June 22nd from 18:06 to 18:37:
- Ron Gilbert on the art of videogame comedy | Hookshot Inc. – "[W]riting a funny game isn’t at all like writing a funny script – which is a first hurdle that trips a lot of studios. “It’s a really different art form,” he explains. “I think that’s why a lot of people kind of fail at doing comedy games. When you’re doing movies, TV or stand-up, you have complete control over timing, you can cut at exactly the right spot, you can have exactly the right timing between the set-up and the punchline." It's about timing.
- Saturday Soapbox: The Majesty of Menus • Opinions • Eurogamer.net – Design as expressed through game menu screens
- REAL ESCAPE GAME in San Francisco | Official web site – Play a real-life escape game in San Francisco. Made the Pacific ocean jump from Japan.
- Moneyball 2.0: How Missile Tracking Cameras Are Remaking The NBA | Co.Design: business + innovation + design – Computer vision sees sport differently.
- 5 Digital Trends Shaping the Consumer Experience – This is hideous for so many reasons.
- Instagram – @hondanhon: Join me. Or die. http://t.co/HVgfQHGY