Bookmarks for May 19th through May 20th
This is an auto-posted collection of public links I’ve either posted to, or favourites from Twitter, and my public links posted to Pinboard.in for May 19th from 23:24 to 21:50:
- Dan @ Regal Lloyd Center 10 – foursquare – @hondanhon: YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP (@ Regal Lloyd Center 10 for Battleship w/ 3 others) http://t.co/ldyoTngq
- Satellite killed by trajectory patent | Hacker News – Did you know that orbital manoeuvres are patentable?
- Super Chemical Bros. – YouTube – @hondanhon: OMG this has just instantly made my morning. Super Chemical Bros.: http://t.co/f2bjN6Y2
- JASON (advisory group) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – "JASON is an independent group of scientists which advises the United States government on matters of science and technology. The group was first created as a way to get a younger generation of scientists—that is, not the older Los Alamos and MIT Radiation Laboratory alumni—involved in advising the government. It was established in 1960 and has somewhere between 30 and 60 members." Interesting for the list of what previous and current JASON reports have been about. Spintronics in 2001, high performance biocomputation in 2005, tactical infrasound in 2005, human performance in 2008, high frequency gravitational waves(?) in 2008 and the implications of a $100 genome in 2010.
- Proximity fuze – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – "A proximity fuze is a fuze that is designed to detonate an explosive device automatically when the distance to target becomes smaller than a predetermined value or when the target passes through a given plane. The proximity fuze should not be confused with the common contact fuze." Also confusingly spelt "fuze" and, wonderfully, invented by the British.