Bookmarks for May 9th from 00:53 to 17:37
This is an auto-posted collection of my public links from Twitter and Pinboard.in for May 9th from 00:53 to 17:37:
- Space Quest Sequel Finally Gets A Kickstarter | Rock, Paper, Shotgun – This isn't really a bookmark about the Space Quest/Two Guys Kickstarter project, more an observation in general about Kickstarter. If you believe what's being written about Bezos and Amazon at the moment, they're on a hell of a disintermediation rampage. So when does Kickstarter butt up against Amazon? When does Amazon start listing products that don't exist yet?
- Gamasutra – News – Facebook’s new App Center takes inspiration from Apple’s App Store – If Facebook wants to be a platform in the way that iOS is a platform, do we get subjected to simple arguments about some of them being "proper" platforms where one can do work, or whether they're consumption-only platforms? What sort of apps does Facebook want to sell, and what makes Facebook the best place to sell them?
- Distributing 3000+ copies of an iOS game | Six to Start – Adrian on how they user server-side authentication to distribute thousands of copies of Zombies, Run! to Kickstarter backers.
- Mightygodking.com » Post Topic » Dear The Old People – MGK's response to Ezra Klein's ask: what would you say in a reverse-commencement address, where young people address their elders on what they should know?
- xkcd: Ten Thousand – Among so many other things, this is why Randall would make such a good teacher. I think.
- The 21st-Century TV Shows That Get 21st-Century Tech Right – Technology – The Atlantic Wire – Good for a gut-check on what mass entertainment culture thinks technology is (as opposed to what it actually is). Via Phil Gyford.