Bookmarks for May 5th from 00:34 to 22:13
This is an auto-posted collection of my public links from Twitter and Pinboard.in for May 5th from 00:34 to 22:13:
- Watch A Stunning Video Of Humanity’s Effect On Earth | Co.Exist: World changing ideas and innovation – The Anthropocene: defining a new global epoch. Grim yet stunning representation of humanity's effect on our world
- (500) https://Mint.com/ – is not half as good as I had imagined. Proves there's still innovation to be made in consumer finance.
- Quipsologies: Vol. 65 | No. 15 – All Batman logos over the years, animated
- Untitled (http://twitter.com/robjhicks/status/198832548120502272/photo/1) – Possibly the best Twitter retort I've ever seen, from @jonsnowC4.
- Conference Program: Objects of Affection: Towards a Materiology of Emotions. – The keynote of this conference tonight is "The New Aesthetic: Objects That Matter." Curious what she'll say…
- (404) http://howbigreally.com/Nice – How big really? Nice educational site from the BBC
- Untitled (http://twitter.com/shauninman/status/198748202000859137/photo/1) – Research
- Mets honor Beastie Boys star Adam Yauch | MLB.com: News – To honor MCA, each @Mets player ditched his usual walk-up music in lieu of a @beastieboys song. The set list:
- Dirty Work: extremely clever, well-put together interactive gruesome comedy series – Boing Boing – RT @jaybushman: just got a great writeup about #DirtyWork on @BoingBoing
- Gamasutra – News – Irrational’s Steve Gaynor and friends go indie in Portland – More on The Fullbright Company – "The intersection of expertise with available resources yields a reasonable result: An environmental storytelling game, where in the absence of combat and AI, that exploration element becomes primary." Also this. So much this.
- The Fullbright Company | An independent video game studio in Portland, OR – I'm so excited about this, mainly because they're going to be in Portland.