Bookmarks for May 2nd through May 4th
This is an auto-posted collection of my public links from Twitter and Pinboard.in for May 2nd from 13:22 to 19:49:
- Glowing Fiber Optics Visualize Human Curiosity In Real Time | Co.Design: business + innovation + design – BEAUTIFUL.
- Facebook’s numbers by Dustin Curtis – Facebook by the numbers, going off their May 3rd S-1 filing.
- Chris Heathcote: anti-mega: the future will be confusing – Chris's talk for the Do Lectures. Of particular note:
"As an individual – if you don’t have literacy with science or technology, you’re at a disadvantage. I may not go quite as far as Program Or Be Programmed, but it’s definitely no longer funny to laugh away lack of technical prowess. Technology directly affects lives every moment and every decision, and unless you understand what and how the technology works, and who and why they are using it, you’re being blindly led."
- Action Links: A New Way to Interact with Apps – Facebook developers – Facebook Open Graph extends its tentacles with more open graph verbs interacting with third party applications. Verbs can now be calls from the news stream into an application. (Fave this product, save this recipe, add to playlist etc)
- iOS app success is a lottery: 60% (or more) of developers don’t break even – It turns out that in the new world of digital distribution, marketing is still important. (But you can have an entirely reasonable debate about what "marketing" means and entails).
- Sea Shadow (IX-529) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – Commissioned in 1982, delivered in 1984, still looking bad-ass.
- Tech City Central | Flickr – Photo Sharing! – A purely decorative QR-code fascia on a building hoarding.
- Kindle Sales Plunge Made Amazon.com’s Gross Margin Look Better – Seeking Alpha – "Amazon.com has slowed down its demand for Kindle eReader e-ink screens to near zero since December 2011, the month after the Kindle fire was introduced." The case for e-ink not being the predominant mobile display?
- RIDES | Dirty Work | Interactive Video Experience – Congrats @4thwallstudios on launch of Dirty Work. Bravo, @elanlee @maureenmcq @vpisteve @jaybushman & entire team!
- Untitled (http://twitter.com/tomas_sydenham/status/197677363994165253/photo/1) – Thanks @newspaperclub !