Bookmarks for April 28th through April 30th
These are my links for April 28th through April 30th:
- Olympics 2012: A Bruce Schneier Moment – Charlie’s Diary – Charlie Stross on the MOD's apparent consideration of plans to place surface-to-air missiles in residential areas during the London Olympics.
- Untitled (http://twitter.com/Rsquared/status/196362143602442242/photo/1) – RT @Rsquared: Fuel band nerds
- Untitled (http://twitter.com/mattcomi/status/196156109030047744/photo/1) – The FedEx logo is cool 'n all, but the Arabic version is badass. Totally looks like a team logo from Wipeout 2097.
- Conversation with Michael B. Johnson of Pixar – Part 1 – Adaptive Path – Part one of that interview with @drwave
- gomarky: Pieces of the Pixar Pre-Production Process – Excerpts from an interview with @drwave on Pitch Docter, a piece of Pixar proprietary software that forms part of their workflow.
- ‘Prince of Persia’ creator Jordan Mechner on telling stories in 48 kilobytes or less | The Verge – "What blew me away about Choplifter was that here was a game that told a story, and it was also a game that created an emotional bond," Mechner reminisced to the packed lecture hall. "Small as they are, I could feel the emotions of the little characters waving, trying to get my attention." He says he was deeply affected by these tiny figures, who with only a handful of pixels were able to express joy and relief when rescued by the player's helicopter, or guilt-inducing devastation when left behind.
- Dan Hon: Storytelling, play & context | Flickr – Photo Sharing! – Sketchnotes of my talk at dConstruct in 2011 on Storytelling, Play and Code: The Full Stack of Entertainment
- Untitled (http://danhon.com/2012/04/28/myself-quantified/) – I wrote my first blog post in six months.
- The Biggest Reasons To Get Excited About Comics This Summer – New comics coming out later this year. Batman Inc continues on May 23rd, Star Trek:TNG and Doctor Who crossover in May as well, Mind MGMT from Dark Horse on May 23rd. OMG and LXG Vol 3, 2009 is out in June.